A Guide to Clean Website Templates Designs
Clean website templates offer designs which are uncluttered, user-friendly and free of heavy image files. These designs can be used in websites where the focus is on functionality combined with a minimal aesthetic appearance.
Clean website templates ensure that there is a balance between various webpage elements and whitespace. Elements in a website such as navigation menu bars can be designed in a minimalistic and clear manner.
A clean website is not only about the visual appearance, but also about the quality and clarity of the underlying code. Such templates also have valid website code according to latest specifications.
Templates which cater to clean style websites follow the web usability and accessibility standards recommended by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
A clean website is all about precise communication with clarity. The design aspects of such websites are subdued, letting the information take centre stage. In such websites, substance definitely scores over style, but that’s because the style has been made to blend in with the substance.
It takes considerable expertise to design clean website templates. In order to ensure that your website is well-designed both in appearance as well as in code, it is important to download such templates from experienced providers such as buytemplates.net.
Read on to find out about clean website templates and the features of their designs. Find out about the design files needed to create clean-style websites. Also explore the templates provided by premium providers such as buytemplates.net.
A Primer to Clean Website Templates
A template is a readymade design blueprint for building websites. You can download a template file, just fill in your unique data and your website is ready.
There are different kinds of designs that website templates offer. The characteristics of a template design depend on the type and goal of the website it aims to create.
For example, a template for a photography website would have different design and layout as compared to a template for an online news publication. The photography website would need elements such as high-quality graphics and an online photo gallery with smooth visual effects. In a constantly updated news website, the focus may be on presenting the latest text information as quickly as possible.
Clean website templates focus on providing designs for websites where the focus is on usability, quick information access and functionality. Such templates offer designs which are unobtrusive and blend in with the information presented.
Visual Design Features of Clean Web Templates – A Summary
Here’s a summary of some design features of clean templates for websites.
- Balanced Webpage Composition – Clean templates design the various elements in a webpage according to their importance. The first area that a visitor’s eye sees is the top left section of a webpage. So it is important to place your logo or title in this area. You can have a meaningful graphic in the home page. There should not be more competing graphics in the home page as the visitor can lose focus. A clean template offers an organised and balanced design, which works in combination with areas of whitespace.
- User-friendly and Clear Menu bars – Navigational menus are important website elements that help a user to visit various pages in a site. In a clean website design, the navigation menus are clearly organised and appear consistently in every webpage in the site. In clean web templates, the menu bar is typically text and HTML-based, with minimal graphical elements used for menu buttons. Multiple levels of drop down menus are avoided as they can make navigation complicated.
- Relevant Graphics – Clean web templates designed for specific types of websites include relevant graphics. They are meant to balance the text area, but do not dominate the webpage. Heavy graphics files which take a long time to download are avoided.
- Consistent Style – The presentation style of various elements in a website is consistent throughout all the webpages in clean templates. For example, for an online news website, the text style for titles and article body content are applied uniformly throughout all articles. This is done through the use of Cascading Style Sheets (CSS) templates.
- Focus on Functionality and Information – The design of these templates focuses on the goals of the website – that is communicating information and usability. The design and style specified by such templates does not overshadow the actual content. This makes such clean websites rank high in usability.
We have seen some of the visual design aspects of clean website templates. Now let take a quick look at the some of the HTML and CSS guidelines followed by such templates.
Standards-Compliant HTML and Clean Style Templates
Here are some features of the HTML code and CSS used by clean websites.
- Separation of Website Content and Style Specifications - The W3C guidelines on websites design have specified that the content in a website should be kept separate from the style. In keeping with these guidelines, in clean templates, the layouts and content are specified by the HTML source file of a website. The style aspects of various webpage elements are specified in a CSS file. The HTML code refers to the CSS file to implement the styles.
- W3C Valid HTML and CSS Code – Well-designed clean website templates have W3C valid CSS and HTML code. Such templates also have table-less website designs. This means that instead of using the HTML (table) tag for defining layouts, the (div) or division tag is used to define different sections of a webpage.
- Clean Style Templates for Consistent Website Look The stylesheets or CSS templates control the style specification of various elements in a website. Some examples of style specifications for websites include font type and colour, borders, and active or visited link colours. Clean style templates apply styles to webpage elements consistently. This is done by using the class and id attributes of page elements in a structured manner. Such stylesheet templates make it easy to change the look and feel of a website. For example, if you want to change the text colour throughout your website, you just need to make changes to the style templates.
Download Clean Website HTML and Style Templates from buytemplates.net
Clean templates can be downloaded from premier online resources such as buytemplates.net.
Website templates at buytemplates.net have been designed by professional web designers and developers with many years of experience. The designers are well-versed with concepts of clean website design and latest W3C standards.
Apart from the high-quality of the templates, what makes this site stand out is the large selection of clean templates for websites. The designs specially cater to various business sectors such as Health, Travel, and Technology.
The website templates have valid HTML and CSS code.
Apart from website templates, clean PowerPoint templates are also offered for presentations.
You can download and edit the template files yourself. In order to make changes to the colour palette or other design aspects, you can edit the style templates. If you are not sure of your editing skills, you can avail the customisation services provided by buytemplates.net.
Wait no longer! Browse through the selection of clean website templates at buytemplates.net today!