Improve Website Navigation with Drop down Menu Templates
Drop down menu templates can help website designers and developers create user-friendly and structured navigation in websites.
Using Drop down menu templates, you can design your website in such a way that topics and subtopics can be reached by menu options and drop down sub menu options.
If you are planning to launch a website that has comprehensive content which needs to be grouped under topics and subtopics, it is necessary to have an easy-to-use and uncluttered navigation system using drop down menus.
Are you looking for drop down menu templates which are aesthetic and professionally designed for your website navigation? Do you want more information on the content and advantages of such templates and on downloading them from the Internet?
If yes, then read on to know all about drop down menu templates. You can also find out about CSS drop down menu templates.
A Primer to Drop Down Menus and Website Navigation
While presenting information on a website, it is necessary to plan the content structure. Information should be chunked together under topics and subtopics so that they are easy to find.
We have commonly seen company websites with menu bars having standard menu options such as About Us, Products, Services and Contact Us. Many websites further divide the About Us section content into subtopics such as Company History, Mission and Vision, Board of Directors and World Wide Locations. The subtopics can be shown on the website in the form of a drop down menu.
Drop down menu templates can help you with the design and implementation of such menus easily and make your website look more user-friendly.
If you have a site with multiple levels of submenus, the best way to implement such a navigation system is through drop down menus. Otherwise, the alternative would be to display a separate set of menus on the main page of the section such as About Us. This is inconvenient as the user is not able to easily access a particular subtopic.
Contents of Drop down Menu Templates
- CSS A CSS file or style sheet is used to control the presentation aspects of a drop down menu. A typical style sheet would be stored as a styles.css file. The style sheet has specifications for the presentation of elements in a webpage such as background colour, font type, and font size.
CSS Drop Down Menu Templates
Heres a summary of some features of CSS drop down menu templates.
- Separation of Presentation and Content According to World Wide Web Consortium (W3C), it has been recommended that the content or data and the presentation style of such content be kept separate. This enables centralised control of style of drop down menus and makes it easy to change the look and feel of website elements such as menus. CSS drop down menu templates can specify the presentation of a drop down menu.
- Control of Menu Options Style CSS files can define style aspects of menu options such as background colour, font type, font size and link colours.
- Classes and Ids Sections of a website are referred to by the HTML tag. The menu bar and drop down menus can also be under individual tags. CSS files can refer to a menu and drop down menu divisions by using the class and id attributes of the particular division. This way, the style for a class or id can be specified in the CSS file.
Advantages of Using Drop down Menu Website Templates
Lets summarise why you should use drop down menu website templates.
- Readymade Drop down Menu Design If you lack time or resources, templates can help you implement drop down menus in no time at all.
- Aesthetic Menu Design Well-designed drop down menu templates can help you to improve the look of your website menu options.
Before downloading drop down menu website templates from the Internet, make sure of your site navigational structure including levels of drop down menus required.
Buytemplates.net has drop down menu templates for all types of website layouts. You can select the template whose look and feel is most compatible with your website. The templates can be downloaded and customised or you can opt for buytemplates.net customisation services.
The site allows you to download a free drop down menu templates sample so that you can take a look at the design quality. Buytemplates.net subscribers can access the entire range of templates provided at the site.
With buytemplates.net, you can be sure of standards-compliant code and professionally-designed templates.