Design your Online Store Website with Ecommerce Templates
Ecommerce templates offer instant website designs for online store websites. Owners of e–stores can build their websites with online shopping features easily and quickly using these templates.
Ecommerce templates contain designs for all standard features required in an online store. This includes layouts for product listings, individual product description pages and most importantly, online shopping carts.
Do you want to take your business online and sell products or services via the Internet? Are you looking for website designs that can help you implement an online shopping cart? If yes, then ecommerce templates can be an advantageous solution for your e–store design needs.
Set up an Online Store Quickly with Ecommerce Templates
Just as customers at a supermarket can pick up products they need right off the shelf, what if you could do the same with website designs?
Website templates make this possible by providing ready–made layouts and designs.
Ecommerce online shop templates are specifically designed for websites which enable their customers to make purchases over the Internet.
With the use of such templates, you can considerably cut down on the time needed to develop an e–store site. The designing, coding and testing of an online store website is already done for you. All you have to do is customise the templates and you are ready to do business online!
Such templates can also help you reduce the expenditure that you would incur in developing an online shopping website.
Speed and reduced costs are the USP of ecommerce templates for setting up online stores.
Interested? Read on to take an in–depth look into ecommerce websites and templates.
Ecommerce Websites and the Importance of Design
The launch of consumer–oriented e–stores such as Amazon and eBay took the world by storm.
According to news reports, approximately 20 percent of Internet surfers visit an Amazon website for online shopping in a single month in June 2011. eBay is another popular online platform for buying and selling of any product under the sun and closely follows Amazon.
Retail stores have benefitted by taking their business online and launching e–stores. An Internet website for selling their products and services can help them reach a wider customer base and build brand awareness amongst a large population of netizens.
In this context, it is important that your ecommerce websites or online stores are well–designed and user–friendly. A website design optimised for good online shopping experience can help increase sales and revenue. Professionally–designed ecommerce templates can help in designing online store websites that are efficient, user–friendly and visually appealing.
Ecommerce Website Templates – What Features do they implement?
Let’s take a look at some of the online store features designed in ecommerce website templates.
- e–store Header with Logo and Title – The header of an ecommerce website is the most important section as it contains the logo and title. The header appears in every webpage of an online store. The logo in the header is usually hyperlinked to the home page of the e–store website.
- Navigation Menu Bar – A main navigation menu bar can be used by visitors to access other webpages in the online store such as About Us, Blogs, FAQ and Contact Us.
- Product Category Listing Menu – Ecommerce website templates can include a side menu section listing the various categories of products available on an e–store. Clicking on each category should lead to display of all the products available for sale in that category. Some templates may also design a product category drop down list menu.
- Product Listing – The product listing layout and design is very important in an online shopping website. The products should be displayed clearly and with relevant details. Ecommerce templates may include a thumbnail image of the product along with basic price details in the listing. As a listing displays a series of products, each item must be demarcated from others clearly. The listing design should also include a checkbox next to each product so that a customer can select it for purchase.
- Individual Product Description – Clicking on each product in a listing leads to separate product detail pages. A larger image of the product to be sold can be displayed in this page. More detailed descriptions as well as bidding details in case of auctions can also be shown.
- Online Shopping Cart Indicator – Online store templates usually include a shopping cart status indicator on top of the webpage. This shows the total number of products selected for purchase. There can also be a currency drop down list for customers.
- Member Registration and Search Forms – These templates can also provide designs for registration forms and product search forms. E–stores usually require customers to register and sign–in when making a purchase.
Ecommerce Web Templates – Various Formats
Web templates for online stores are available in different file formats. Such templates are also designed for use over specific Content Management Systems (CMS) such as Joomla and WordPress.
Here’s a review of various formats in which ecommerce web templates are available over the Internet.
- Joomla Ecommerce Templates – Joomla is a popular open source CMS based on PHP programming language. Joomla ecommerce templates include PHP code along with the standard HTML code. CSS files are also used by these templates. The PHP code interacts with a database in which product details are stored. Thus PHP enables dynamic webpage displays based on search conditions.
- WordPress or WP Templates – WordPress is another popular PHP–based open source CMS. Online shopping stores which use this platform can use specialised WP ecommerce web templates for their design.
- Flash or FLA Templates for Online Banners – Online banners using animations and graphics are created using Adobe Flash software. Flash banner templates can be used for ads announcing discount deals and new products.
Buytemplates.net – Professionally–designed Ecommerce Templates for your e–Store
It is important to use a well–designed and standards compliant ecommerce template for the design of your online store.
Buytemplates.net is an experienced template provider offering ecommerce website designs that are user–friendly, aesthetic and at the same time web–standards compliant.
You can go through the large variety of templates available at the site. You’ll find that the e–store templates cater to different business sectors such as furniture, garments etc.
You can get specialised templates for CMS platforms such as Joomla and WordPress at the site. Ebay auction templates are also available for those who want to set up an ebay store.
After you have selected and downloaded an appropriate ecommerce template, it should be customised with your e–store data. You can edit the HTML templates using Microsoft FrontPage. You can also opt for the customisation services provided by buytemplates.net. Download a sample free template if you want to get an idea of how it works.
After customisation, your online store design is ready.
Wait no longer! Use high–quality ecommerce templates from buytemplates.net and launch your online store!